Sunday, July 22, 2012

Summertime in the city

In college, I was once chosen to dance a student choreographed piece to the Janice Joplin song Summertime.  The piece was basically all girls with great legs and amazingly arched feet. I was so self conscious...standing on that stage as the opening picture in costumes that were technically nighties...I want to tell my 18 year-old self, "Yo! You rock! Don't be ashamed by your body. Work it sister!". Much like I'd enjoy telling my 14 year-old self to rock a bikini rather than the shorts and t-shirts I wore to the pool. Oh bananas. 

Well, it's Summer time here in NYC and it's time for bikinis and baking!

Snicker doodles, Peach & Blueberry mini crisps, Browned butter & Sea Salt Rice Krispy Treats, Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes+
Street Art+
My favorite little ballet girls at Chrystie Street Ballet+
Hanging with my favorite lady Debobo & seeing her dance+
Summer School+
Beach Time & Bikini's+
+Winning=
How is my favorite season going by so quickly!?











No comments:

Post a Comment