Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Brina Got Back


My sister Sabrina is one of the most giving people I know. As part of continuing my "creating a rap" tradition, I made one for her this month. 

A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life -Isadora James


She is a beautiful young woman who has grown so much personally in the past few years. She is such an amazing force. She is constantly giving to all around her. She has graduated from Brandman University with her masters in Human Resources. She was hired last year at the Apple store in Roseville, and since then, she has gotten two promotions and is moving up the corporate ranks. Everyone at work loves her (as I found out when I went into the store and said I was her sister...nothing but compliments for my amazing sis. I felt great just by association!). 

A sister by blood, a friend by choice-Author unknown


She recently created an entire advent calendar for her Apple store (she's a crafty maven and I can't wait to see what she creates with her new Cricut). When the corporate representative came to check on her store, the terse and direct manager wanted to know who had made the board. All worried fingers pointed to Brina-girl. The manager then went on to say how much she liked it and wanted it at corporate.

Not only is she a hard worker who is dedicated to her job, she does the same thing at home. She's always creating some amazing meal, using her new cakepop maker to concoct delicious maraschino cherry cakepops for my brother's birthday, or making the most amazing homemade cucumber salt scrubs as Christmas gifts that she'll graciously hand out to every single person she knows.


I love her so much and I'm so proud of her. One of my favorite moments, from this woman who was once a little girl who wore her purple fringe outfit and cowboy boots non-stop, was her wedding last year. Giving my maid of honor speech at her wedding, I was never prouder. She has matured into a woman I respect, admire and adore. She is a supportive and encouraging wife, a devoted aunt, a loving and kind daughter, an exemplary employee and the best sister I could ask for.

I'm so proud of you my dear Brina-girl. You are amazing. I love you. I can't wait to see what the new year brings for you and how you'll face every challenge head on and with grace. 


Not my best work...perfection is is not...heart and soul it is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment