Thursday, June 30, 2011

Met & Brunch

Candice and I went to the Met to see the Alexander McQueen exhibit. I had the pleasure of attending the Young Patrons Event last month where the crowd was tiny and I was enamored with the designs. If you choose to go, be sure you go as early as possible. By the time we left, the line was flowing into several other rooms and people were waiting for an hour or more. My favorite piece is one that has prosthetic legs. The model wore prosthetics and McQueen had legs created out of elm for her to wear during the walk down the runway.

My favorite is on the left--if you look closely you can see the intricately carved legs.


After the exhibit we headed to the yummy Cafe Orlin for a lovely brunch sitting outside on a perfect summer day. I finished the day meeting a friend uptown then ran into a group of friends who were eating outside at a restaurant. NYC is really looking out for me these days and his friend Serendipity is really upping her game too :). 

Candice & Coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment