Thursday, July 28, 2011

Happy Tuesdays

So...I've been doing this little thing since High School.

 I always thought Tuesday was a neglected day. Everyone hates Mondays. Wednesday they are happy about because it's the middle of the week. Thursday, well Thursday, heck it's almost Friday. And Friday, well we all know how much we love Fridays. The weekends are just bliss. However, poor Tuesday is off on it's own. No recognition. No adoration. So, I decided it was the chosen day. A day to celebrate and enjoy. I began baking every Tuesday and choosing a theme and then handing out quotes based on the theme of the week. I would get these little heart stickers and say, "I'm trading hearts for hugs, would you like one?". I'm sure people thought I was bonkers. I always have done some version of Happy Tuesdays here in NYC, but now that I live on my magical block, I'm baking more than ever and deliver my goodies on the block and to The Immigrant. I think there's still people that think I'm nutty, but quite frankly dear, I don't give a damn.

This week, I was inspired to create a new part of Happy Tuesdays. I realized that here in NYC, since we are always walking, we are always looking at the ground. I thought it would be fun to make my walk more interesting. So I decided to do my own little HT 'tagging' on the streets. 



I was so blissed out the whole time. People would stop to watch me. They would ask questions. I got more than one high five and a "You're awesome!". I had a great time and hopefully made some people re-think their Tuesday. Keep your eyes peeled! Maybe it's coming to your neighborhood soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment