Saturday, September 3, 2011

Come on Irene

I feel it all, I feel it all 
I feel it all, I feel it all
The wings are wide the wings are wide
Wild card inside wild card inside.

NYC was waiting for Irene to show up...that sappy lady.
My family was so concerned.
I baked some brownies to barter for provisions.
I filled my sink with water.
I filled up the Brita.
I ran around the empty streets in the rain.
 With five dudes.
I was hesitant to share. Then I realized it's part of the Summer of Tammi.
No worries I thought; I may not be here tomorrow.



We ended up running through the empty streets during the storm. It was so wonderful. The streets that are typically so packed on the weekends that I seek refuge elsewhere, were empty and peaceful...that is, until we began running. I think I giggled the entire time. We were immediately soaked and smiling the whole time. 

It also got me on a running kick.
I hate running.
Until now.

Reading Chi Running and enjoying every moment of my early morning runs along the East River.



No comments:

Post a Comment