Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Grateful Grazies-Jaime Noche

Jamie Knight is my oldest friend. No, wait. She's really young, but she's the friend that I've known the longest. I've called her Jaime Noche for as long as I can remember...


She is one of the most creative people I know. She works as a graphic designer and comes up with some of the most clever ideas I've ever seen. I can picture her right now as she's working on a project: total concentration, so much so that her tongue sticks out the side of her mouth and she leans down into the paper. She has been so generous with her time and talents over the years. She recently created a birthday gift for my mom's 50th birthday that everyone loved. It was so special because it was from Jamie. She's crafted my birthday invites, save the dates, t-shirts, and my recent fave: some dishtowels that aren't necessarily pc (thank goodness!).





Our friendship began in high school and has lasted from Chico to Salt Lake, Roseville to Madrid  & Sacramento to New York. No matter where we've lived, I know Jamie Knight is always going to be in touch. She continues to snail mail, email, call, text and show up whenever I visit my family in Roseville. She's gotten fancy with me to go to the ballet and has sat up with me all night in our matching pjs. There have been times where we have the same outfit in different versions and we often manage to get each the same gift without having planned it. She loves monkeys and on her 21st birthday I got her 21 monkey themed gifts...let's just say I was banned from buying any monkeys ever again!

She has visited me in New York several times and we always have a blast together. We've wandered through the city seeing all the sights, but mostly just enjoying the time with one another. We've had some hip shakin' at The Bear, invited Mates of State to stay with us after a show, buried spoons under a waterfall, swung lightsabers with the top down, had midnight cake runs to Ricks, worn the dorkiest overalls together, been chimpancrazy at Disneyland...she's been there through everything. I was there for the date to a man who kindly followed us around Anthropologie who, last year, became her husband. 


We are very different personalities and her very quiet side offsets my loud nature. She and I are on opposite ends of the spectrum and I often wonder how she puts up with me! She is shy, demure & one classy lady. Despite her quiet side, she is hysterically funny. Her wit and humor add a zing to any time we spend together. We have had so many moments on the phone and in person where I end up in tears because I'm laughing so hard. I have spent so many moments on the phone with her and she makes me feel like she's right here next to me--giving advice, making me smile or giving me a hug. I am so grateful for her. She is truly a person who is authentic. I have loved growing up with her and watching her grow into herself and the amazing woman she is. She is a fabulous friend, sister, daughter and now wife. It's been an amazing journey to take with her and I love that we've been there to support and encourage each other along the way. Although I've had many close friends over the years, Jamie is truly my best friend. She knows all about me and loves me just the same. Even though she's busy forming her new life with marriage and an adorable dog named Gadget, she continues to remain part of my life. I know she's got a whole new little universe that she's forming, but I'm grateful to remain in her orbit. 

Jaimie Noche--Thank you for being my friend, my confidant, my fashion guru and sometimes my sanity. I love you and every moment I am blessed to share with you. My favorite moments are when it's just you and I. The two of us sitting (hopefully with Eddie in your lap) and sharing our memories, hopes, fears, and loves. I love how welcoming you and your family have always been to me. Despite the fact that I feel like a firecracker whenever I visit your fam, I know I am always welcome and I appreciate the warmness you and your family always offer to me. Our most recent slumber party will remain a favorite memory for me for years to come. I am so proud of you and all you have accomplished in your life. You are a woman of strength, beauty, and kindness. I love you Jamie Knight Bryson. Thank you for being you and for being awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment