Sunday, September 25, 2011

Music to my ears

I've seen three amazing female musicians perform this summer including:

Chan Marshall (Cat Power
I've had the pleasure of seeing her perform several times and this year she was spectacular. She seems to have overcome her horrible stage fright and played for nearly two hours.

Satomi Matsuzaki (of Deerhoof)

Candice and I had a blast at this show which was at The Music Hall of Williamsburg.

...but the most compelling, brought me to tears, inspired me and broke my heart all at once was Brandi Carlile. I really can't remember when I saw a performer that was able to bring an entire theatre to their feet during a seated show and also a time in NYC where such a large group of people were totally silent, holding their breath and waiting for her to exhale her melodic tunes. I absolutely loved the show and thanks to Deborah, we had amazing seats. Brandi was enthusiastic, appreciative, kind, funny...hannah banana. 

I am always in awe of people doing what they love. I feel so blessed to have a job I love and I love seeing performers who love what they do. It makes me a sap monster. It makes me want to be a better person. It inspires and delights me. She was stunning.


No comments:

Post a Comment