Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Grateful Grazies--from my boyfriend to my boyfriend(s)

Dear…

Thank you so much for breaking things of with Tammi when you did. She is the light of my life. I don’t know what I would do without her. She is kind, gracious, beautiful, and loves me for me. I’m sure she loved you for just as you were as well. Thank you for not appreciating that-I am reaping the benefits of your decision. I couldn’t be happier. Thank you for realizing she was far too kind for you. She is too sweet for someone who doesn’t appreciate it. I love her sweetness; I soak it up every day. Thank you for breaking up with her just when I needed her most. We have had the best summer and it wouldn’t have happened if she was still with you. I am grateful for the opportunities we’ve had--great time with her friends and mine, trips to the beach, museums, concerts, plays--we’ve seen it all! It’s been amazing. Thank you for being insecure about your height, age, weight, job... She was right to have loved you, but you understood you were undeserving of that. Thank you for freeing her from your uncompromising and unemotional ways. She was pouring out that love to you. Once you broke up with her, she started filling up that reservoir again and now I am enjoying the benefits of her love and graciousness; it’s overflowing into me!  Thank you for not loving her just the way she is. She now is in full bloom, open-hearted and stronger than ever. Thank you for being so selfish. So uncaring. So unavailable. I am overjoyed with your loss. Thank you for helping her become a great communicator; she is so assertive, decisive and yet willing to compromise. I must say, her expectations are a bit higher now, but I’m willing to rise and meet them. I’ve found they are not unattainable and they are very reasonable. Thank you for helping her realize that there is nothing fundamentally wrong with her. You breaking up had nothing to do with her and all to do with you. Thank you for making that choice. Your choice has been the best choice of her life.  I really appreciate you making her see that she deserves so much more than you were capable of giving. She now sees her strength, the importance of give and take, and her unyielding happiness that exists without you.

Suck it.

Sincerely,
NYC

No comments:

Post a Comment