Tuesday, November 15, 2011

infans

Last week, I had the invitation to accompany my dear friend Megan to her doctor appointment. I've never actually seen a sonogram before and I was blown away. What an amazing, life affirming experience. Part of the appointment was to listen to the heartbeat and hearing that amazing little one, the ebb and flow, the speed and slow, the constant drum of a tiny miracle, well, let's just say this sap monster was filled with joy.


Another baby project I've been loving is reading to my nephew, Hudson, that lives in California. You may think you have the cutest nephew in the world, but hells no, I get that title. He is adorable! He had to go back into surgery this week and is still getting back to normal after having surgery to fix his shunt that wasn't functioning properly. I can't wait to see him and the rest of my family at Christmas. He is such a charmer and sweetheart. His mom and dad are so amazing and they've been through so much this year.

Hudson and I have reading dates and I am building a collection of YouTube videos where my dorky self sits on my couch and reads to him (Goodnight Moon, Gossie, Little Pea--thank you Facebook friends!)...I'm a goober I know. But, I'm a goober who loves my peewee of a nephew. Major hearts. He leaves me speechless...infans.





No comments:

Post a Comment