Saturday, August 13, 2011

Brother Clint

My little (not so little anymore!) Brother is graduating today with his Masters in Divinity. I am so proud of him and wish I could be there to celebrate. Sending him much love on this special day:



Hey Bud,

I know you've been working so hard towards this day. I wish I could be there with you to celebrate. You know I am there in spirit and I am always thinking of you and sending you love.

I just wanted to say how proud I am of you.

You are a man of honor, of respect, kindness, compassion, openness, joy and love. I think what you have been working on, in regards to school, is such an accomplishment. I know many people would have given up. They would have decided it was too difficult and not finished what they started. Not you, you are a man of persistence and determination.

It certainly wasn't easy. The commuting, the long, long, and longer papers you had to write, the hours of lectures, the professors you didn't agree with and still had to sit through their class, the $2 drive thru dinners...all of that. You made it!

I will always remember our Monday night chats. Me, exhausted and sitting on the train going home from NJ, and you exhausted and on your dinner break. I always looked forward to those times. To hear the excitement in your voice about something you liked and to be there in the rough moments when things were not so great. I loved those shared moments where it was just you and me, kid. I hope that we can continue that tradition as you move forward in life.

I look back at the little boy who used to let me play beauty parlor with him (perhaps torturous as the time!). In my bedroom, which was bathed in pink everything, you patiently sat while I did a million embarrassing things to you. That patience still exists in you today.

Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them--every day begin the task anew. -Saint Francis de Sales

 When I would create one of my fantastic hair-dos, I can remember you running out of the room, thrilled to show off our latest creation. I'm also glad you have kept that enthusiasm in yourself. I think these are two of your most important aspects of your character. You have been tested many times, and yet your patience continues to grow. You have had many pitfalls in life, and yet your excitement and enthusiasm continues to thrive. 

It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

I am so proud of you my brother Clint. You should be so proud of what you have done and the amount of work that you've put into this achievement. I am constantly impressed by you. Thank you for being a man of honor, in spirit and in action. I want you to stop for a minute today and just think, "Damn, I'm amazing!". (maybe you don't want to swear though....it is an Mdiv after all...). I love you so much. Here's my treat for you. 

Love you so much,
Sister Tam

I've been working on a project that I was too embarrassed to share. But you know what, as Dikibali says, you may not be here in this place tomorrow". So, for you my dear brother a special treat (click on  the link or watch below).


1 comment:

  1. yeah...I get a little off on the Bridge. Being musical (except when dancing) is not one of my talents!

    ReplyDelete