Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tête à Tête with Tammi: My Brit Boys

I did a day long cooking course in Cambodia and the first group of people were a bunch of duds but, lucky me, the second class had the best duo that I've encountered thus far on my trip.

Stephen & Ciaran had been traveling through Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and were heading to Thailand. They had both just finished "uni" and were great company for my afternoon. Straight away, they made me laugh and we kept razzing one another the whole day. "Go America!" Ciaran would yell at me. They were hoping to score some ladies back home with their new found cooking talents and I think their odds are pretty good.





Our conversations roamed from lady boys (one of them got hit with a rock from a "lady boy" in Vietnam) to getting "crumped", morning glory, and Ciaran telling me I was looking "pretty good" for 32 (he also likes older women! My lucky day...). They had arrived in Siem Reap from Vietnam where they drank snake blood and visited with a local fisherman who liked them so much that he then took them back to his home to eat dinner with his family . They both had a great energy about them and their humor made me laugh hysterically. Oh, to be 21 again! Our chef was called Mr. October (his real name is Tola, which means October, the month he was born) and since Ciaran I are were born in May, we were Mr. and Mrs. May. They were eager to learn ballet and I finished the day teaching them to plie and tendu.  These boys were a delight to spend the afternoon with and I hope they have a wonderful year ahead of them. Their energy and enthusiasm made me realize that's what I've been missing about myself out here...

Subject: Stephen Miller
Male, England


What do you spread on toast? strawberry jam & butter (used to eat 8 pieces of toast each morning!)
What makes you happy? football, sports
What time do you wake up? 10am
 What is your favorite place to be? home at my parents
What is your favorite time of day? 6:45; post dinner ready to go out
What was your favorite age? 19, being at Uni
How many jobs have you had? 5 (started as a paperboy)
What is your favorite quiet spot? underwater
Where do you rendezvous with friends? pub; drink drink drink
How do you get around town? walk
How many countries have you visited? 11 or 12
How many brothers/sisters? 2 brothers; I am the youngest
What is your favorite memory? When Liverpool won the championship league
What is your favorite food? Christmas dinner: turkey, beef, stuffing, roast


Subject: Ciaran Harte
Male, England


What do you spread on toast? marmite
What makes you happy? friends
What time do you wake up? 9am for school, 6am for work
What is your favorite place to be? Kenilworth Road (stadium)
What is your favorite time of day? tea time
What was your favorite age? 19
How many jobs have you had? 3
What is your favorite quiet spot? the park
Where do you rendezvous with friends? pub
How do you get around town? car
How many countries have you visited? 16
How many brothers/sisters? 1; a younger sister
What is your favorite memory? I was about 4 years old and I was being pushed around the yard in a wheelbarrow by my mother. My grandfather was throwing mars bars into the wheelbarrow as I went around the yard. I couldn't see him from where I was and I thought it was raining chocolate! 
What is your favorite food? steak & mash

No comments:

Post a Comment