Sunday, August 21, 2011

Tête à Tête with Tammi: Atosh

I spent one day touring three countries while I was in staying in Chiang Rai, in Northern Thailand.

It was interesting to see the local villages, meet the local people, and take a trip up to the Golden Triangle. During this day, I met Atosh. A Japanese student who was on a brief five day vacation to Bangkok, Chiang Mei & Chiang Rai. Atosh was friendly and talkative. He immediately started asking questions about the other people and seeing where they'd been, how long they were staying, what they liked (can you tell he and I got along just fine...). His parents, much like mine, don't like to fly. So, he is the traveler in the family.

 At one point, we were trying a local delight--betel nut with pepper, chili and wrapped in a leaf. Chewing it turns your mouth & gums red and your teeth black. Atosh was happy to try the nut and show off it's affects. He said, "It was strong & bitter, but it was a good memory too". This pretty much sums up his outlook on life and the situations he encounters. Love it.

He met his "dream come true" girlfriend at school. Her name is Ai, which means Love in Japanese. awww. I can just imagine what an adorable couple they must make!



What do you spread on toast? Bacon, egg, black pepper & salt
What makes you happy? Meeting up with my girlfriend
What time do you wake up? 6am
What is your favorite place to be? In my room
What is your favorite time of day? Twilight
What was your favorite age? 17; I played tennis on the school team.
How many jobs have you had? One
What is your favorite quiet spot? Library
Where do you rendezvous with friends? Bar
How do you get around town? Bicycle; I have my license, but no car.
How many countries have you visited? More than ten.
How many brothers/sisters?  One older brother who is 25.
What is your favorite memory? Traveling to Turkey with my girlfriend to Cappadocia. It was a dream come true.
What is your favorite food? Japanese instant noodle; ramen


No comments:

Post a Comment